Welcome to the Penrith Ramblers Website
We are pleased to restart official Ramblers Covid safe walks. Please read the Rules of Engagement which explains what to do.
Rules of Engagement for all Penrith Ramblers walks
- A 3 week rolling programme of walks for up to 15 participants subject to the leader's discretion will be developed.
- Any existing leader can propose a walk and submit it via a Co-ordinator.
- Walk leaders will give the length, cumulative height and a brief description.
- Walks will no longer be graded A, B, C but may be described as moderate, strenuous etc.
- Walks can be on any day of the week.
- Walkers will book a walk by contacting the leader by email or phone, from a date one week before the walk is due to take place.
- The leader will keep a waiting list, if more than 10 people apply to go on a walk.
- The walk leader will decide the start point and time of the walk and inform the walkers.
- The walk leader can change the day, time or place of the walk by informing the walkers.
- Walkers must book a place on a walk and cannot just turn up.
- Walkers will go straight to the start point of the walk so the Rugby Club will not be used.
- Car sharing is not advocated but can be done by private arrangement.
- To conform with Covid requirements, walk leaders must keep a list of walkers’ details.
- By signing up for a walk, walkers agree to have their details recorded.