As a result of the government's advice about restricting social interactions and travel it has been decided to cancel all walks until further notice.
A Group Rules of Engagement
- The walking day default is Wednesday. So if the weather is consistently good, or bad, over the week then the walk occurs on the Wednesday. If the leader is not able to walk on any other day in the week then the walk is on the Wednesday.
- If the weather is better on another day of the week AND the leader is available then the walk can be moved on the Saturday before the Wednesday by the leader emailing the walks coordinator who will ensure that the changed date is put on the web site.
- The route advertised will only be modified if the weather is very poor on the day of the walk (where walker safety may be compromised).
- From Sunday (8am) onwards prior to the walk anyone wanting to join the walk must email the walks coordinator ( email@example.com ) who will limit the number of participants to the first five applicants (then with the leader makes six). This number will be eased as we emerge from the coronavirus restrictions. This email track (with contact phone numbers) will be used in the event of track and trace being required.
- Routes will be classified according to the Ramblers definitions. For the ‘A’ team these will be strenuous or technical.
- Walkers will need to get themselves to the start point. Car sharing between households is not allowed. Therefore leaders must ensure that there is sufficient parking at the start point for the number of cars involved.
- Clearly if any rambler has any illness symptoms e.g. cough, high temperature on the day of the walk then they must NOT attend.